Highgate Station ~
Highgate station opened on the 22nd August 1867, it closed in 1951 and reopened in January 1952 only to close again with the rest of the line in 1954.
The remains of the station can be found in a deep cutting, off the north side of the Archway Road, close to the present Highgate Tube station.
A house now stands where the original "up" side platform stood but the 1935 station building and a steep staircase still exist.
The tunnel entrances are still visible and there is access to the east tunnel, which is now colonized by "bats".