The Seven Sisters Ponds ~
are just beyond the Hampstead Way and Wildwood Road entrance to The Heath Extension, to the right of the main path.
The hedgerow to the left of the path is a remnant of the ancient woodland: Wylde Wood.
Oaks and hornbeams are interspersed with hazel, hawthorn and elder.
The Seven Sisters Ponds eventually feed into the Brent Reservoir.
Damselfly and the common darter dragonfly are seen here.
The path running around these ponds up to the pavillion and parallel to Wildwood Road is known as "The Cooling Path".
The first of The Seven Sisters ponds is the only original pond, at least 250 years old).
The others were dug 1908/1909 by unemployed labourers.
The original usage would be that of livestock drinking.