HIGHGATE RESERVOIR ~
What remains of the reservoir can be found opposite The Grove.
It was built 1844/ 1846 by the New River Company on purchased land, which included one of the three old village ponds.
It provided water to houses in Highgate for the first time.
Today, it is largely covered but the small circular conduit/pump house and some of the original cast iron railings survive and are listed historic buildings.
The reservoir is currently managed by Thames Water.