Affectionately known as "The Bus Shelter" by some local residents.
Situated half way up South Meadow as an entry point to the Kenwood Estate.
Dedicated to Sir Lawrence Chubb (1873-
Opened in 1952, the original plaque stated:
"In Grateful Memory of LAWRENCE WENSLEY CHUBB, Knight, to whose genius the preservation of open spaces and the provision of playing fields were largely due. He was for 52 years Secretary of the Commons, Open Spaces and Footpaths Preservation Society and for 20 years Secretary of the National Playing Fields Association."
(Click on a slide to show enlarged image)